And the light shines in the darkness


Last week myself and the wardens of our churches went round and locked our buildings. It was so hard to do, and I can’t think of a time when our congregations - and clergy - were unable to enter these holy spaces.  It hits harder in communities like ours where we are blessed to be able to leave our churches open each day. As I was about to lock St Mary’s church in Wroxham, I stopped and ran back in and took these photographs with my phone.  This is the sanctuary light, showing the real presence of Christ in our building. I could have turned it off; maybe I should have; but I left it lit - a symbol of our faith and our continuing worship and prayer. The light shines in the darkness, and the darkness has not, and will not overcome it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sunday.....

Simple things....